This year, due to COVID-19, we are holding Virtual Defeat Depression events. This means that You choose the physical activity of your choice to complete as a virtual challenge activity between now and May 29, 2021. Whether you take a walk around your block, run on a treadmill, ride a bike or take a stroll on a trail, participants can take part in the campaign and support their local mental health services that are so desperately needed, while this year, maintaining physical distance.
After you have completed your virtual challenge activity, share a video or photo on your fundraising page and social media with the hashtag #DefeatDepression and mention/tag us: Twitter @DefDepression, Facebook @DefeatDepression.ca, Instagram @defeatdepressionca
We are in a mental health crisis in Canada. Canadians have shown their desire to give back and want to help make a difference in a meaningful way. Registered participants, please continue to fundraise and share the message of hope that this campaign brings. Now More than Ever, Every dollar counts and no donation is too small. Remember – this campaign exists through your support to provide funds to local mental health programs and services and they need the support so desperately – especially in this era of COVID-19.
If you have not registered, NOW is the time to take action
Please also encourage others to register online, share their story and fundraise. All registered participants will receive their registration kits and incentives. We will be arranging to get them distributed soon.
Then on May 29th (Defeat Depression Day), we will be holding a national online live streaming our Defeat Depression event featuring guest speakers, testimonials, performers and music. (details will be posted soon)
This year more than ever we need your help. Please take care of yourself and your family’s mental wellness while supporting mental health services and resources for Canadians.
Take care and stay healthy
How to Register for a Virtual Event
1. Decide what virtual challenge activity you will complete before May 29th
3. Select a walk near you or one that you wish to support or select *Defeat Depression Virtual Event*
4. Choose your registration type
a. Individual – You will complete your challenge independently
b. Join a Team – You will be completing your challenge as part of a Team
c. Create a Team – You want to create a Team challenge for your friends
5. Create your user profile and complete registration ($25)
6. Once registration is complete click on “Start Fundraising”
7. Import contacts and send out donation requests using templates
8. Edit your Fundraising page (and your team page if applicable) describe your challenge activity
9. Share your page on social media
10. Don’t forget to thank your supporters!